So many things about this conference make us excited to welcome you to share in what promises to be the biggest virtual gathering of emergency care practitioners in Africa. For starters…this is the 5th African Conference on Emergency Medicine…we’ve been to Ghana, Ethiopia, Egypt, Rwanda and now you get to experience the first ever exclusively digital emergency medicine conference in Africa! Also…this year the African Federation for Emergency Medicine (AFEM) turn 10 years!! If you know anything about Africa’s mortality rates, then you agree with us the 5th and 10th birthday celebrations are worth the fiesta, so we promise you an experience like none other.
Emergency care in Africa has taken off over the last couple of years thanks to the concerted efforts of a lot of practitioners locally and from all over the world. Many countries have initiated residency programs, some have developed robust policies on emergency care and a good number are making significant strides to strengthen their emergency care systems and the evidence is clear…We Are Saving Lives!!
#AfCEM20 promises to be an innovative, interactive digital event that will capture the pace and spirit of emergency care in Africa! As a participant, you will be able to;
- Choose from multiple presentations each day
- Ask live questions with the faculty & each other
- Discover the newest trends in emergency care
- Customise your schedule to flex with your needs
- Network and mingle with participants from Africa and the rest of the world
- Get the science with expert presentations
- Hear speakers from around the globe
- Keep your life in balance with live in-conference parties
- Interact with simulation labs and demos
So, charge up your devices and get comfortable as we immerse you in the best emergency care education from Africa and beyond brought to you by an expertly selected faculty with a vast experience of knowledge and skills. The pre-conference courses, skills labs and the conference presentations have specifically been selected to meet everyone’s needs whether you work in a fancy rich hospital or you are in the rural parts of Mali…what you learn during the conference will change how you practice emergency care.